04 February 2013

g'morning muffins

blueberry buckwheat muffins
dry:
1.25 c buckwheat
.5 c brown rice flour
.25 c tapioca flour
2 tsp powder
1 tsp soda
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp xan. gum
(I add a variety of spices, add your own to the mix if you wish)

wet:
1 c unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
3 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1.5 c coconut milk (I add 2 t chia seeds & soak over night)

berries:
Really big handful, plus a little more of fresh or frozen blueberries.

method:
Mix the dry, mix the wet, mix the two together, fold in berries, fill greased muffin cups & bake for 30 min on convection at 375.

If you wish for them to be a bit more sweet, add honey (.25 c to wet) or sugar (.5 c to dry). I don't know how this tastes or works, so of you try it let me know. This recipe is free of gluten & sugar & is vegan. I'm not vegan, but currently am a dairy & egg (& a few others) free, meat eater. Steak? That's what we had for dinner. And smashed sage potatoes, sautéed green beans with garlic, wild rice, then pineapple & watermelon for dessert.

I ate slowly & lingered longer at the table with my boys. The cooktop is splattered, but the dishes are washed. It was an enough of my important.

No comments: