16 May 2012

Mary & Braids

This is part of a picture hanging in the chapel at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. The moment I laid eyes on it, it became my favorite. When I became a mother my thoughts and adoration of Mary, mother of Jesus, grew deeply.

Now I don't think she walked with a shining light behind her, but I do think in her presence you could feel a light radiating. Her energy must have been so strong, her aura bright. Maybe this is why she is so often depicted by artists this way.

I'm not sure about seeing others auras, I am unable. I do however, feel others energy. Do you? There are people who we connect with on a heart level, knowing when circumstances are not at their best.There are also people who suck the energy right out of us. (I tend to avoid them, which is maybe not the best way to handle the relationship.) I believe this connection is the work of the Holy Spirit in me. I do not share the same faith as all who I connect with this way, but many I do. Does this happen for you? From your faith perspective, how do you explain? Something to ponder.

Back to the picture. This is the first time I have seen her, Mary, with braids and I love, love it! The thought of Mary, mother of Jesus, wearing her hair in braids had never crossed my mind. I love braids and I love Jesus and I love Mary and seeing them all together made me grin from ear to ear.

1 comment:

Jus said...

I love this sentence : "I love braids and I love Jesus and I love Mary and seeing them all together made me grin from ear to ear."
it has me grinning as well ;)